Friday, July 15, 2011

My Mini NYC Adventure

I had a 4 hour layover at the Port Authority bus station on my way to Pennsylvania.  Since I've never been to New York before, I figured I might as well explore.  So I wandered around the neighborhood for a few hours.  Port Authority is right next to Times Square and Broadway, but I thought I would have more fun exploring.  Here is the Google Map I made of my short-range wanderings.  The day I was there it was ridiculously warm, so my Pinkberry melted the second that I stepped outside.

Original with mochi, blackberries, and kiwi.

Don Giovanni Ristorante-- I didn't get a good picture, but the walls in this place were covered in pictures of opera singers.  It was pretty great.
Wood-fired pizza with sausage, spinach, red peppers and onions.  Delicious!  For some reason I didn't have them box it up to take on the bus.  I must have been scared that the other bus-riders would be super jealous.

I had some sort of cupcake (mocha?) and a cappuccino at the Cupcake Cafe, right across 9th Ave from Port Authority.  They were strangely unfriendly here and the cupcake was only slightly above average.

Statue of Ralph Kramdem (played by Jackie Gleason) from the TV show The Honeymooners outside of Port Authority.

Hopefully I get to visit New York sometime for real, but in the meantime I am happy to live in the most delicious, artistic, and friendly city: Portland, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment